(Legacy Clients Only)
LAST MODIFIED: February 5, 2018
SOCIAL SENTINEL, INC.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
3. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
4. TYPES OF INFORMATION AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Information on Children. SSI does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. The Service is intended for use by persons to access information related to public safety and security. If SSI learns that it has collected Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 13, SSI will delete that information from its systems where reasonably possible. SSI encourages parents and guardians to monitor children’s online device usage. Parental control protections, such as mobile device hardware, software or filtering services, are commercially available to limit the access to material that is harmful to minors.
5. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- to contact you about the Service;
- to assess or improve use of the Service;
- to compare and otherwise use data entered by users for any purpose including consulting, research and marketing;
- to evaluate products and services SSI or third parties could offer to you;
- to provide special offers to you from SSI and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries;
- to send you promotional material on behalf of SSI and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries.
6. WITH WHOM COLLECTED INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, we may share User Information with third parties for certain purposes. While we will seek to require those third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and security measures, we do not bear responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. The following outlines the ways in which User Information may be shared with others:
- User Data: We may share User Information that is not Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose. Except as provided herein, SSI will not, without your prior permission, share such information in a form that allows other members or third parties to link it to any Personally Identifiable Information.
- Aggregate Information: We may share User Information in aggregate form, such as general demographics and Site and Service usage statistics, with third party advertisers, sponsors or other organizations, including but not limited to Google Analytics. We do not share specific demographic information. You may opt out from Google Analytics implementations and features that Social Sentinel uses (contact your Client Success Manager or call 802-861-1365).
- Business Transfers: The Service, Site, SSI and/or a subsidiary or division of SSI may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur, in which your Personally Identifiable Information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your User Information may be one of the business assets we transfer.
- Legal Process: SSI reserves the right to disclose User Information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law and when SSI believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect SSI’s rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process served on SSI. The disclosure of this information may be without notice to you.
7. SECURITY AND ENCRYPTION
While there is no such thing as “perfect security,” SSI takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect User Information. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. It is important to remember, however, that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure.
8. THIRD PARTY LINKS, WEBSITES, AND COOKIES
9. USE OF PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOCIAL MEDIA INFORMATION
This Section 9 applies to Publicly Available Social Media Information that you may access as part of the Service.
SSI has no intention, nor the capability, to gather private information of social media authors that is not publicly available from the social media services they use. Generally, the Service enables SSI’s clients to aggregate and assess threats shared publicly on social media and blog streams for potential threats in the areas of security, public safety, harm, wellness or acts of violence. These results will be shared with SSI’s clients to allow those clients to conduct assessments of potential harm, self-harm and acts of violence, and to determine what further steps should be taken, if any, to address such concerns. SSI also may share these results in response to a valid law enforcement request or legal process, to protect SSI’s rights and property or those of third parties, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Social media data feeds are provided to SSI by social media services and third-party data aggregators. These third-party data aggregators obtain their feeds from the online services of social media companies. The algorithms SSI applies to Publicly Available Social Media Information do not attempt to, and indeed cannot, discern any Personally Identifiable Information that is not already included in the data feeds SSI receives from social media services and third-party data aggregators.
10. SOCIAL SENTINEL AS DATA PROCESSOR ONLY
You acknowledge and agree that Social Sentinel processes any Personal Data in Social Sentinel’s capacity as data processor, and that you remain at all times the data controller of such processing. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in Your capacity as data controller, it is Your exclusive responsibility to obtain all necessary consents to such processing, to convey the information notices as required by applicable law, to make any necessary filings with the appropriate data protection authorities, to enforce and comply with any request to access and/or rectify and/or delete any such Personal Data.
11. ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
Social Sentinel, Inc.
128 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 100
Burlington, Vermont 05401-4939