Last Modified: July 15, 2019
If you are using the Site to access our Solutions or Services as a Client, your use of the Solutions or Services is governed by the applicable Services Agreement(s) entered into between the Client and Social Sentinel.
How do you consent to use of your Personal Information?
What is "Personal Information"?
"Personal Information" includes any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to you. Personal Information includes pseudonymised Personal Information but excludes anonymous information or information that has had the identity of an individual permanently removed.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect the following information about Site visitors, which may include Personal Information:
Website Use. We collect certain information automatically when you use the Site, such as IP addresses and domain names, browser type, history of pages viewed, and other usage information about your use of the Site.
- Your first name, last name, phone number, email address
- Information about your employment, such as your employer’s name and state, and your title
- Preference information, such as regarding the communications you receive from us
- Any other information relating to you (or other individuals) that you may provide to us
How do we collect Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information from you in the course of your use of the Site. For example, we may collect Personal Information from you when become a Subscriber, which occurs when you request a demo or access certain Content from the Site. We may collect information from you when you contact or communicate with us (including through the Site, by email, or otherwise). We may collect your Personal Information if we monitor the Site. We may gather information about you when you provide it to us or interact with us directly, for instance when engaging with our staff. We may in certain cases collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as from an administrative user in your organization in order to make you a Subscriber.
What are "cookies" and how does the Site use them?
You can adjust your web browser to disable cookies. Note that we may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you want on the Site if you choose to disable cookies. You also may remove cookies from your browser. Please refer to your browser’s help menu for instructions.
How do we use the Personal Information we collect?
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
Information you provide: We use Personal Information that you provide to us for the following purposes:
1. To administer and improve the Site;
3. To enroll you as a Subscriber; to administer and update your Subscriber information and preferences;
4. To provide you with Content, information, or services you request from us;
5. To arrange and deliver Content, information, or other materials relevant to your subjects of interest;
6. To send you Social Sentinel Content, publications, and other information we believe is relevant and useful to you, where you have not opted out of receiving such information;
7. To send you third party information that we believe is relevant and useful to you, where you have given your consent;
8. To notify you about changes regarding the Site and/or to ask you to provide feedback;
9. To enable you to participate in Social Sentinel surveys or polls;
10. To administer and protect our business and the Site (including but not limited to troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
11. To prevent and detect fraud;
12. To protect and enforce our legal rights;
13. To comply with all applicable laws or legal processes, including providing information on individual Users to the appropriate governmental authorities where required by law enforcement or judicial authorities.
Site Use Information: We use the aggregate, anonymous data we collect for the following purposes:
1. For Site administration;
2. To perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of visitors to the Site;
3. To measure User interests regarding specific areas of the Site, including Content;
4. To analyze how and where best to use our resources.
Without such data, we would not know which parts of the Site are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the Site and Content appropriately.
With whom do we share your Personal Information?
Personal Information collected through the Site generally is collected and maintained solely by us or our contracted vendors. We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
We reserve the right to disclose and share Personal Information:
1. With a third party if we have reason to believe that disclosing Personal Information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Site Users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
2. In response to a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, or when we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, subpoena, warrant, or other court order requires it – or authorizes us to do so – or to respond to an emergency situation.
3. With a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance, or financing of all or any portion of Social Sentinel, or of any of the business Social Sentinel, in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
4. With business advisors, such as accountants and lawyers, who assist us in carrying out our business activities.
We may disclose and share Personal Information with the following entities when we have obtained your consent prior to such disclosure: With a Social Sentinel affiliate or partner, such as a third party organization working with Social Sentinel in connection with providing Content for the Site.
Aggregated information. We may share statistical or aggregated non-Personal Information about our Users with business partners, affiliates, sponsors, and/or other third parties, including but not limited to Google Analytics. These data are used to customize our website content to deliver a better experience to our Users. You may opt out from Google Analytics implementations and features that Social Sentinel uses by contacting us as provided below.
How can you review and modify your Personal Information?
To modify or delete your Personal Information, please contact us (see contact information below).
What is the opt-out policy for the Site?
When you become a Subscriber, you consent to receiving communications from us and our partners and affiliates, but you can opt-out of receiving such communications. If you no longer wish to receive specific communications, please contact us (see contact information below).
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the "Shine the Light" law), Site Users who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of Personal Information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us (see contact information below).
What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information?
The Site uses security measures equal to or better than those reasonably expected in the industry, to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your Personal Information under our control. Personal Information is secured on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, as well as through use of appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration to data will not occur, we take commercially reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Please keep in mind that you are responsible for the security of any Personal Information in your control. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your Personal Information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
How long will we keep your Personal Information?
We will keep Personal Information of Subscribers for the period of time that you are a Subscriber and for up to 10 years after you terminate your Subscription. We will keep Personal Information provided for purposes other than becoming a Subscriber for up to 10 years.
Links to other websites
We may terminate access for content providers or forum participants who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected material without necessary rights and permissions.
Information on Children
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. The Site is not intended for use by children. If we learn that we have collected Personally Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information where reasonably possible.
How to Contact Us:
To change your Personal Information or preferences (such as to modify your Personal Information, opt out of or change your preferences regarding receiving communications or information, or terminate your Subscription):
Social Sentinel, Inc.
128 Lakeside Ave., Suite 100
Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Social Sentinel, Inc.
128 Lakeside Ave., Suite 100
Burlington, VT 05401, USA